This simple, effective tool is designed especially for workholding applications. Can be used to make bends ranging from 90° to 180°, as well as double bends in two planes. Bend centerline radius is only .85", to allow tubing installation in tight spots. Tubing Bender consists of a stationary roller mounted on a cast iron body, and a swinging roller mounted on a removable steel handle. The only other equipment required is a vise. For 5/16" O.D. tubing.
Clamp body of Tubing Bender in a vise. Remove handle assembly to position tubing against the stationary roller, then reinstall handle assembly. Swing handle until the desired bend angle is achieved.
Tubing pieces should be prepared for installation by following these steps:
1) Cut tubing to length with a Tubing Cutter, or hacksaw.
2) File or sand tube end square.
3) Deburr both O.D. and I.D., preferably with a Deburring Tool.
4) Clean with solvent to remove chips, dirt, and rust-preventative coating.
5) Blow clean with a shop air line.
6) If using 37°-flare fittings, flare tubing with a Flaring Tool.
7) Bend as required, preferably with a Tubing Bender.
|Tubing O.d. Size|
This product can expose you to materials and/or chemicals including arsenic, lead, and other materials and/or chemicals which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm.
For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov